Act like men -1 Corinthians 16:13
A strong church needs strong godly men.
The goal of the men’s discipleship group is to build up men in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ (2 Pet. 3:18). And, by being equipped through the word of God, these men will then disciple and equip other men in the faith (2 Tim. 2:2).
A maximum of twelve men. Thirteen sessions. Every other Thursday beginning September 29th. Using Fundamentals Of The Faith by John MacArthur.
The Church of Jesus Christ needs men to stand in the gap of society today and “contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people” (Jude 3). Men who submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in their personal walk, their homes, their marriages, their relationships, workplaces etc., both publically and privately to the glory of God. The EFC Men’s Discipleship Ministry will help lay a solid foundation of biblical truth upon which each man will continue to build as he commits himself in faithful service to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Build up EFC men in the faith
- Encourage men to be biblical leaders in all aspects of their daily living
- Inspire men to be faithful and bold in their Christian faith and public witness
- Help men to understand and undertake their God-given roles as followers of Jesus Christ
- Disciples of Jesus Christ
- Excite men to regularly share their faith
- Train men to disciple other men
- Transformation – not simply a Bible study. Aiming for spiritual change and strengthening
- Mentorship – mature men being readied to mentor/lead younger men (younger in faith as well)
- Confession/Accountability – developing confidence and cohesiveness within the group as a whole
- and developing potential accountability partners to help each other grow in Christ (Prov. 27:17)
- Biblical Manhood – develop men who will accept and advance God’s plan for biblical masculinity
- Biblical Leadership – identifying from within the group potential ministry leaders
- Meeting Time, Requirements, Materials
- Meeting at EFC every other Thursday from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm for 13 weeks
- The group will consist of no more than 12 men
- Each participant will sign a pledge of commitment to attend every meeting
- The group will use John MacArthur’s “Fundamentals of the Faith”
- Outside work is required to complete the coursework and participant in discussions
- Each man will commit to an accountability partner within the discipleship group
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong (act like men)”
1 Corinthians 16:13
(Another session will begin after this one ends)