That none perish.
They must be told the Gospel. That is the driving ethos of the Evangelism Team. We agree with Charles Spurgeon, the “prince of preachers”, who said:
“If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.”
The Evangelism Team’s desire is that none perish, but, that all come to repentance (2 Pet. 3:9); that all would discover the great love God has for them (John 3:16); that all would be reconciled to God (2 Cor. 5:20); and, that God would be glorified in the lives of more people as they turn to worship Him (1 Thess. 1:9).
So, as ambassadors of Christ we go out and tell all that it is not by works they can save themselves. No, it is by faith in the name of God’s Son, for God has given only one name under heaven that can save men – the name Jesus Christ.
- Every Sunday night from 7pm – 8pm downtown Grand Haven
- Every Thursday at 7pm for Dancing in the Park at Pomona Park in Fruitport
- SL Heritage Fest – June 13, 15, and 16 from 7pm – 8pm
- GH Art Festival – June 23 and 24th
- Lakeshore Art Festival – Saturday July 7 from 1pm – 2pm
- Muskegon Bike Time – July 19 – 22
- Coast Guard – July 28 – Aug 6
- Del Shannon – Aug 10-11
- Moosefest – Aug 18
- Irish Fest – Sept 13-16
- Salmon Festival – Sept 15-17